Sunday, January 31, 2010

podcasts

I am going to be completly honest here. I really disliked this weeks assignments. First off, it took me forever to find the podcasts as well as watch them. I really don't know how I am going to write 4 paragraphs on this!
The main point of this class is to become technologically literate by the time you are done, this way when we are teachers, we will be successful at teaching our students the latest in technology. I agree that it is very important to understand technology. However, I didn't find much of this material this week to be helpful to me as a future educator other than trying to figure out how to open the podcasts. That task alone made me learn more than I already knew! So I guess thats a plus!
Before this weeks assignments I really wasn't too familiar with podcasts or what they were about. After watching them, I do think that they are pretty cool, but the podcasts themselves weren't too thrilling for me. I really didn't learn much out of them other than some tricks and tips on using a smartboard, as well as different approaches to use a podcast. Such as the next time I am in a drive-thru! I thought that was odd, but funny at the same time.
I found the "Smartboard Lessons Podcast" to be somewhat interesting. I really like how much you can do with a smartboard. I'm sure that if they had these when I was in school, I might just be a little bit smarter! I didn't like how much the people were talking about random stuff in the beginning though. It made it a little more difficult to pay attention to. But over all I found this podcast the most relevant to education.
I didn't enjoy the others so much, such as "This Week in Photography." I didn't find it at all relevant to education and to be honest I really didn't watch too much more of the podcasts. I really hate to be so negative about this weeks assignments but I really didn't enjoy it as much as I have been enjoying the other assignments this class has to offer. Hopefully I will learn a little more about podcasts which will make me enjoy them more.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley,
    I'm not a big fan of podcasting either. I felt like they were very distracting, especially after listening to the guy order lunch in the middle of his broad cast. However, after reading how podcasts can help students with communication skills, auditory skills and so on, I'm thinking that they might be more useful then I thought before. Although they are useful, I think that video podcasts are a much better idea then the auditory ones. I like to watch what I'm listening too, and not just listen, I find myself distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alicia, Thanks for your feedback. I agree, they are a bit distracting and hard to pay attention to but they can be very helpful when it comes to communication!

    ReplyDelete