Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's Not About the Technology

I really enjoyed this article by Kelly Hines. The article discusses how all of us as humans rely on technology in our everyday lives. It really makes me think about the technology that was popular when I was little, compared to the major advancements that have progressed since. For example, when I was born, people relied on their beepers to alert them when they needed to reach someone. Now, we have smart-phones, text messaging, facebook, myspace, and even skype.

The question,"What do we need to bring into the future?" is asked. As a future educator, I feel that I must always be aware of the latest technology. It would make my lessons to my students alot more interesting and fun for them to learn, being that they will also be up to speed on the latest technology. When I was younger, I always liked my computer classes alot more than my other classes that required a book. Therefore, as a teacher, I will never stop learning and make sure that my knowledge is passed on to my students.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that using technology is a wonderful way to get to students level. But as teachers we still need to teach and not rely on technology alone. Technology is not the answer, more of a tool to get to the answer.

    ReplyDelete