Sunday, January 17, 2010

Harness Your Student's Digital Smarts

I really enjoyed this video. What I really liked about this video was the teacher, as well as her teaching technique. The students in the classroom also looked like they were heavily involved and interested in what they were doing in class. In my opinion, the best way to learn, is to learn by using the latest technology. I recently observed a classroom for one of my education classes, and it was very behind in technology. There weren't any computers, let alone enough books for each student. Needless to say, hardly any of the students were interested or attentive in what was going on.
This teacher knew that most children love technology. She used that to encourage her students to learn. Using technology in school makes it fun and exciting to learn. I'm sure that most students would rather learn via computer rather than read a book. Another thing I admired was that by using technology to learn, the teacher is preparing her students for their future careers, being that nowadays most jobs involve some kind of technology. I would recommend this video to anyone but especially those who are going into teaching as a career. It offers some good insight on how to make learning fun for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment