Sunday, January 17, 2010

Did You Know?

I really found the video, "Did You Know" very interesting. Some of the facts that the video mentioned, were unbelieveable. You would never even think about the facts they mentioned but when you actually saw them, you would be amazed! The video went over how advanced India and China are compared to the United States. It also mentioned certain facts such as how many babies were born during the duration of the video. I also liked the part of the video where they showed how long things like the ipod, facebook and the internet took to become popular.
This video really made me realize how advanced we are, but in comparison to India and China, were are incomparable. Not only do they have more people than we do in the U.S, but they are also more advanced when it comes to education. I really admire their education systems in China and I think we should be more like them. To sum things up, I really enjoyed this video and I will recommend it to anyone because it can relate to all of us!

2 comments:

  1. There are plenty of things wrong with America as there are with every country in the world its all a matter of perspective. None of us humans are perfect. Re: Did You Know 3.0?: It is not necessarily a question of if these facts are true but how these facts are presented. When comparisons are made between the populations of India and the United States without mention of the "fact" that there are more than 1 billion people in India and barley 300 million people in the US I have to question the agenda of the author. I am not saying that Mr. Fisch has bad intentions, I am only pointing out that facts like paint colors can be manipulated to create a specific picture. He could have just as easily painted a picture of America that pointed out what was right in this country and how in spite of our downfalls we still lead the world in many ways. When I look at the world objectively I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The did you know video opened my eyes to alot of the things. I agree we should be more like China with technology and education.

    They value education more so than we do. Maybe that is why there is the stereotype of Asians being to scientifically inclined and great at mathematics.

    ReplyDelete