Monday, January 18, 2010

Ken Robinson Talks About Creativity

"Creativity is as important as literacy." This quote by Ken Robinson really caught my attention. His speech was about the importance of creativity in schoos and how we need to nurture creativity, rather than undermine it. I agree with what he says in this speech. I feel that creativity makes a student, regardless of age, unique. Ken Robinson also says that children are born artists. I also feel that statement is true, which makes it very important for our schools to embrace individualism and creativity.
The way I see it, if each child weren't allowed to express themselves, and needed to learn and do their assignments a certain, specific way, all students would be the same. If that were the case, we wouldn't have some of the best artists and musicians. I as a future educator, will embrace each child's individuality and creativity. I really enjoyed Ken Robinson's speech on creativity. I hope that alot of educators will take his advice and allow children to express themselves rather than mesh into the norm. Dare to be different!

No comments:

Post a Comment