Monday, February 8, 2010

Langwitches Blog

The website I chose to write about is the Langwitches Blog. I really found this blog site extremely interesting and insightful. A few things I enjoyed most was the fact that more and more children are becoming more familiar on podcasts, skyping, and blogs even at younger ages. When I was younger, I was cool because I knew how to work a VCR! Now children all over the work are learning to use skype, podcasts and blogs. Not only are they using them to communicate with family members (Long Distance Storytelling), but they are learning from them in their schools.
Using more technology as a learning tool is controversial. Some think it is more "up to date" and could intrigue students to learn to their fullest potential, while others think it is just something to replace the standard classroom including the teacher and the textbooks. I personally feel that technology is a great way for those hands on learners to understand the material they are learning in a better way. I don't feel that we should do away with textbooks completly, but I feel that they both can create a great learning environment for a child. Especially with all the technology we have and how it is flourishing all over the world, it would't hurt for a child to learn about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment