Sunday, February 14, 2010

What I've Learned This Year

I really enjoyed this blog by Mr. McClung. He brings up many good points and valuable insight to new teachers. He tells you what to do and what not to do. It is common that before you start teaching, you have a set way of how you want things to go. Chances are they are not going to happen the way you want. The main focus is on the students and in the event plans do not go the way you want, take your students into account and fix it in a positive way. Flexibility is key!
Another thing is to not be afraid to technology. As educators, we are teaching children who love technology and rely on it heavily. It is important to keep up with technology because it could be a new and fun way to learn. Bottom line, Mr. McClung is opening our eyes to how the real world is when it comes to teaching. I would recomment this blog to anyone wanting to be a teacher!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the blog as well and I really liked the way he broke things down into sections. Sometimes I just want someone to tell me how it is, and I really liked that about McClung. He told the reader the proper way to go about handling different situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the way Mr. McClung gave a realistic view. I definantly agree with you on, in order to be a teacher we must be flexible and I believe we must be eager to learn new things. Technology will most definantly make school a more fun and new way to learn in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree when you stated that you would recommend this for anyone who wanted to become a teacher. It is also important to be flexible. One thing about flexibility is that if you focus on it then the learning would become more and more difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  4. exaclty...you are not going to be an effective teacher if you are not willing to adapt to recent technology.

    ReplyDelete