Friday, February 26, 2010

This is How we Dream

I really enjoyed this assignment. Dr. Miller talks about how much has changed since he grew up. In his day, if you wanted to know something, you needed to open up a book. Now, if you want to know something, you can whip out your iphone and with the click of a button, you can get all the information you need. What goes beyond looking up the information on google, is finding a video or audio on the information. Therefore, you can either read, listen, or watch and learn simultaniously! There is pretty much nothing you can't do when it comes to technology. I also feel that Itunes U is a great idea. If you think about it, you can get ideas and information with others which can help a great deal when doing assignments for school. Also, Itunes U is available with the click of a button on your iphone. I plan to use alot of technology in my classroom. By then, who knows how much more technology will have grown!
It was kind of hard to get involved with the video by Michael Wesch. He seemed like he had a good sence of humor and was trying to be entertaining, but I'm not so sure it was working. He was discussing MTV and how different words caught on and how they changed. I really didn't pay much attention to this video to be honest. I just wasn't into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment