Sunday, February 21, 2010

Alice Christie's Website

After looking at Dr. Alice Christie's Website, I found that the website design section would be the most useful to me as a teacher. I feel that as a teacher, it is important to make yourself available to your students as well as their parents. What better way to keep your class involved than a website! It makes it so easy for parents as well as your students to keep up with whats going on in the classroom. It would also help with keeping class grades up because they will always know what assignments to do as it will be posted on the website. The section in Dr. Christie's website gives tutorials and resources on how to create the website as well as great suggesions as to what you should include in the website. I definatly agree, and think that having a class website for the community is a great idea. I would recommend this website to anyone wanting to be a teacher.
After watching the video and learning about Itunes University, I was amazed! I didn't even think we were that technologically advanced yet. It is amazing to see what kind of apps you can have on your iphone or ipod touch. Now you can even learn anything all by the touch of your ipod. What I found really interesting was that some schools are using it as ways to give their lectures to their students. I remember learning when I was little by reading a book. We hardly ever got to use the computer. It amazes me to see how far education has gone and it also makes me wonder where we will be in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley!
    Thank you for writing on our blog.
    We like your blog. It is pretty. We like pink. The girls.
    Mrs. V. said you were not in Kindergarten. Are you in first grade?
    Will you read our blog again?
    We like it when you do.
    Where do you live?
    Do you know about Chile?
    The earth bumped there.
    Bye

    Randy A, Cornella, Na'Zosheona, Sara, Iker, Luis, David, Briana, Jovany, Tyrone, Tatiana, Brian, Keyli, Melanie, Randy G., Jatemeyah, Daylin, Shamara, James, Ja'Mario and Mrs. Voigt

    ReplyDelete